Account Payable Supervisor
Location: Stafford, TX
Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Supervisor role will work closely with all departments within the organization to ensure payables are processed accurately and timely into the accounting system. This person will oversee the AP department team members and will be responsible for training staff, review of work performed and implementing new ideas/processes while maintaining an enthusiastic, positive attitude within the department.
1. BA required / Accounting Degree a plus.
2. 3+ years relevant work experience in the area of accounts payable or general accounting.
3. Experience in a supervisory role is required.
4. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
5. Detail and process oriented.
6. Must have ERP-SAP Knowledge to be consider
7. Microsoft Navision is a plus.
8. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
• Maintain a high standard of effective and timely communications.ï€
• Interact with vendors and company personnel to resolve any issues that the Accounts Payable Team cannot answer.ï€
• Oversee Accounts Payable Team to ensure problem documents are researched and resolved according to the due dates.
• Assist Treasury team to ensure accurate and timely payments are made to vendors.
• Working closely with GL, Fixed Assets, Inventory Accounting, Treasury and Purchasing on all issues.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement if appropriate - improvements to overall AP processes and procedures, operating efficiencies and internal controls within AP including effective use of NAV/SAP.
• Monitor and oversee departmental records and files necessary for business operations.
• Review and resolve vendor debit balances.
• Ensure outstanding checks greater than 180 days are researched and reissued if necessary.
• Oversee Mail room to ensure all mail is opened and documents are processed daily.
• Oversee all Interface uploads to ensure all files uploaded successfully.
• Ensure all 1099 suppliers are issued 1099s and corresponding information sent to IRS by deadline dates.
• Handling the month-end close process, this primarily consists of AP aging reviews and clearing account reconciliations.
• Training team members and documenting changes in a written document for all team members to use.
• Review and approve changes made to Vendor Master File for accuracy and compliance with department policies and procedures.
Send this search to yourself (or a friend):